Commitment to Accessibility
Marden’s is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for organizations to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. There are three levels of WCAG conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Mardens’ website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Feedback and content accessibility requests
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Mardens website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on our website or would like to request content in an accessible format, including the following information if applicable:
- The web address (URL) of the content
- Your name and email address
- The format you need, for example, audio, braille, ASL or large print, accessible PDF
Contact information for accessibility related requests:
- Phone: 207-873-6113
- Email: [email protected] or contact us online
- Address: 100 Benton Ave. Winslow, ME 04901
We try to respond to feedback within 1-3 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
This website is designed for compatibility with the latest stable version of the following web browsers:
- Chrome on the latest stable version of Windows, macOS, iOS, iPadOS, and Android operating systems.
- Firefox on the latest stable version of Windows and macOS operating systems.
- Safari on the latest stable version of macOS, iOS, and iPadOS operating systems.
- Edge on the latest stable version of Windows and macOS operating systems.
- Internet Explorer 11 on the latest stable version of the Windows 10 operating system.
Mardens’ website is not tested for compatibility with browsers and operating systems older than the latest stable version supported by the software vendor.
Using supported browser and operating system software you should be able to:
- Zoom text up to 300% without problems
- Navigate most of the website using a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Access most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
Known accessibility issues
Parts of this website are not fully accessible.
- Some text may not meet level AA color contrast requirements
- Some pages and document attachments are not clearly written
- Some tables do not have row headers
- Some heading elements are not consistent
- Some images do not have good alternative text
- Some buttons are not correctly identified
- Some error messages are not clearly associated with form controls
- Some documents are in PDF format and are not accessible
- Supplementary video content on the website is not accompanied by transcribed audio
Accessibility of Marden’s relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Marden’s assessed the accessibility of mardens.com by testing this website for conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level AA. These tests have been carried out internally.